- Unit of Measure 1 no. 1-yr. plant
- FormDeciduous. Upright.
- LightPartial shade.
- Height4 - 5 feet.
- Spread4 feet.
- Spacing3 - 4 feet.
- Zones3 - 6 (-30° F.).
- FoliageGlossy dark green to purple foliage.
- Flower FormYes
- Fruit1/2 inch, large, oval, green fruit turns rosy-pink when ripe.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, rich, moist soil.
- Growth RateMedium growth rate.
- CommentsFruit is soft, juicy, and high in sugar. Rich, pink flesh. Vigorous and productive. Practically thornless. Fruits hang in clusters on long slender stems one inch below the branches and small thorns. Mildew and drought resistant. Good choice as an edible ornamental. 2 year old wood is most productive.
- YieldUp to 4 - 5 quarts at maturity.
- Botanical NameRibes hirtellium 'Pixwell'
- HeaderThe Pie Maker's Favorite
- DepthPlant so the roots are below soil level.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.