- Heirloom variety introduced in 1932
- Buff-colored skin and white flesh
- Produces high yields
- Excellent storage qualities
- Drought tolerant
- Late season variety
- Certified seed potatoes
- SKU: 70133
- For each offer ordered, get 1 2 pounds of whole potatoes
- This item is not available in ID ME MT NE
- Lightpart sun to full sun
- Height20 inches
- Spread18-24 inches
- Zones3-9 annual
- FruitWhite flesh and buff skin; flat to round
- Soil RequirementsFertile, well-drained sandy loam. pH 4.85-5.4. Will grow on higher pH sometimes become scabby
- Seed Count2 lbs. of seed potatoes will make approximately 10 - 15 potato sets when cut.
- CommentsFertilize at planting time. Mound soil over row as plants emerge to protect tubers from turning green in sun. Can be stored at 40-50 degrees F(cooler temps turn starch to sugar and warmer temps may cause them to sprout). *SPRINKLE A TABLESPOON OF 10-10-10 FERTILIZER IN THE SPACE BETWEEN EACH POTATO PIECE. DO NOT APPLY THE FERTILZER DIRECTLY TO THE POTATOES AS IT CAN BURN THE TUBERS. AFTER PLANTS ARE 8-10 inches TALL, USE A HOE AND PILE SEVERAL INCHES OF SOIL UP AROUND THE STEMS; THIS IS CALLED HILLING. THIS PREVENTS EXPOSURE TO THE SUN WHICH CASUSES TUBERS TO BECOME GREEN AND INEDIBLE.
- YieldHeavy yields, drought resistant. Since a single plant will likely produce up to 2-4 pounds, the yield from a 10' row could be anywhere from 25-35 pounds.
- Botanical NameSolanum tuberosum 'Katahdin': Family: Solanaceae (Nightshade Family)
- Depth3 to 5 inches 30 to 36 inches between rows
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|1A-4A||3/25/19 - 6/14/19|
|4B||3/25/19 - 6/14/19|
|5A||3/4/19 - 6/14/19|
|5B||3/4/19 - 6/14/19|
|6A||3/4/19 - 6/14/19|
|6B||3/4/19 - 6/14/19|
|7A||2/25/19 - 6/14/19|
|7B||2/25/19 - 6/14/19|
|8A & B||2/18/19 - 6/14/19|
|9A & B||2/11/19 - 6/14/19|
|10A & B||2/11/19 - 6/14/19|
|Last Order Date||6/10/2019|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Sorry, we cannot ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO or outside the contiguous United States. Please provide a street address as some products are unable to be delivered to Post Office boxes.