Potato Katahdin 2 LB
- SKU: 70133
- For each offer ordered, get 2 lb
- Zones: 3-9 annual
- Height: 20 inches
- Light Required: part sun to full sun
- This item is not available in ID ME MT NE
Send me an email when this item is available
Potato Katahdin 2 LB
- Unit of Measure2 lb
- Lightpart sun to full sun
- Height20 inches
- Spread18-24 inches
- Zones3-9 annual
- FruitWhite flesh and buff skin; flat to round
- Soil RequirementsFertile, well-drained sandy loam. pH 4.85-5.4. Will grow on higher pH sometimes become scabby
- Seed Count2 lbs. of seed potatoes will make approximately 10 - 15 potato sets when cut.
- CommentsFertilize at planting time. Mound soil over row as plants emerge to protect tubers from turning green in sun. Can be stored at 40-50 degrees F(cooler temps turn starch to sugar and warmer temps may cause them to sprout). *SPRINKLE A TABLESPOON OF 10-10-10 FERTILIZER IN THE SPACE BETWEEN EACH POTATO PIECE. DO NOT APPLY THE FERTILZER DIRECTLY TO THE POTATOES AS IT CAN BURN THE TUBERS. AFTER PLANTS ARE 8-10 inches TALL, USE A HOE AND PILE SEVERAL INCHES OF SOIL UP AROUND THE STEMS; THIS IS CALLED HILLING. THIS PREVENTS EXPOSURE TO THE SUN WHICH CASUSES TUBERS TO BECOME GREEN AND INEDIBLE.
- YieldHeavy yields, drought resistant. Since a single plant will likely produce up to 2-4 pounds, the yield from a 10' row could be anywhere from 25-35 pounds.
- Botanical NameSolanum tuberosum 'Katahdin': Family: Solanaceae (Nightshade Family)
- Depth3 to 5 inches 30 to 36 inches between rows
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.