Potato Russett Burbank 2 LB
- SKU: 74025
- For each offer ordered, get 2 lb
- Zones: 3 - 9 (-30° F.)
- Height: 30 - 36 inches.
- Light Required: Full sun.
- Plants are not available in ID ME MT NE
Send me an email when this item is available
Potato Russett Burbank 2 LB
- Unit of Measure2 lb
- FormAnnual, upright
- LightFull sun.
- Height30 - 36 inches.
- Spread24-30 inches.
- Spacing12 to 15 inches apart with 30-36 inches between rows.
- Zones3 - 9 (-30° F.)
- FoliageGreen foliage.
- FruitOblong, shapely tubers. Fine-flavored white flesh, meaty texture, brown skinned
- Soil RequirementsFertile, well-drained sandy loam. pH 4.8 - 5.4 Will grow on higher pH sometimes become scabby
- Growth RateMedium growth rate.
- Seed Count2 lbs. of seed potatoes. If a seed potato is over 1 inch in diameter, you can cut them into pieces, leaving 1 - 2 eyes per piece. 2 lbs. of seed potatoes will make approximately 10 - 15 potato sets when cut and will plant a 10 - 15 foot row.
- CommentsLarge, dependable yields. Best-selling late variety. Stores very well. Doesn't bruise easily. Shallow eyes, well netted. Not recommended for hot area. Fertilize at planting time. Mound soil over row as plants emerge to protect tubers from turning green in sun. Harvest after tops turn yellow. Can be stored at 40-50 degrees F (cooler temps turn starch to sugar and warmer temps may cause them to sprout). SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS: DO NOT STORE WITH APPLES! USES: BAKING, FRYING, BOILING STORES VERY WELL. LARGE, DEPENDABLE YIELDS. DOESN'T BRUISE EASILY. WHITE FLESH & BROWN SKIN. NOT RECOMMENDED FOR HOT AREAS. THE IDAHO POTATO. SHOWS GOOD RESISTANCE TO SCAB, BLACK LEG & FUSARIUM STORAGE WILT. FERTILIZE AT PLANTINGTIME. * SPRINKLE A TABLESPOON OF 10-10-10 FERTILIZER IN THE SPACE BETWEEN EACH POTATO PIECE. DO NOT APPLY THE FERTLIZER DIRECTLY TO THE POTATOES AS IT CAN BURN THE TUBERS. AFTER PLANTS ARE 8-10 INCHES TALL, USE A HOE AND PILE SEVERAL INCHES OF SOIL UP AROUND THE STEMS; THIS IS CALLED HILLING. THIS PREVENTS EXPOSURE OT THE SUN WHICH CAUSES TUBERS TO BECOME GREEN AND INEDIBLE.
- Yield100 lbs./100 foot row
- Botanical NameSolanum tuberosum 'Russet Burbank'; Family: Solanaceae (Nightshade Family)
- Depth3 to 5 inches
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule for Plants|
|Zones||Tomatoes & Peppers||Potatoes||Sweet Potatoes||Onion Plants|
|1A-4A||5/14 - 6/1||3/26 - 6/15||5/21 - 6/8||4/2 - 5/11|
|4B||5/14 - 6/1||3/26 - 6/15||5/21 - 6/8||4/2 - 5/11|
|5A||5/14 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||5/14 - 6/8||3/26 - 5/11|
|5B||5/14 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||3/26 - 5/11|
|6A||4/23 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 5/11|
|6B||4/23 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||2/26 - 5/11|
|7A||4/23 - 6/1||2/26 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||2/19 - 5/11|
|7B||4/2 - 6/1||2/26 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/11|
|8A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/19 - 6/15||4/23 - 6/8||1/29 - 5/11|
|9A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/15||4/23 - 6/8||1/2 - 5/11|
|10A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/15||4/16 - 6/8||1/2 - 5/11|
|Last Order Date||5/28||6/11||6/4||5/7|
|Zones||Bareroot Roses||Large Bareroots, Trees & Shrubs||Tender Annuals||All other Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||4/16 - 6/1||4/2 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/22|
|4B||4/16 - 6/1||4/2 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/22|
|5A||4/1 - 6/1||3/19 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/2 - 6/22|
|5B||3/19 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||3/30 - 6/8||3/19 - 6/22|
|6A||3/5 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 6/22|
|6B||3/5 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 6/22|
|7A||2/26 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/22||4/2 - 6/8||2/26 - 6/22|
|7B||2/26 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/22||4/2 - 6/8||2/26 - 6/22|
|8A & B||2/19 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/20 - 5/25|
|9A & B||1/22 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/25|
|10A & B||1/22 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/25|
|Last Order Date||5/28||1A-7B: 6/18||6/4||1A-7B: 6/18|
|8A-10B: 5/21||8A-10B: 5/21|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.