Potato Red Norland
- SKU: 74028
- For each offer ordered, get 2 lb whole potatoes
- Zones: 3 - 9 annual.
- Height: 20 - 25 inches.
- Light Required: Full sun.
- Plants are not available in ID ME MT NE
Potato Red Norland
- Unit of Measure 2 lb whole potatoes
- FormAnnual, Upright.
- LightFull sun.
- Height20 - 25 inches.
- Spread18 - 24 inches.
- Spacing12 to 15 inches.
- Zones3 - 9 annual.
- FoliageGreen foliage.
- FruitSmooth, round with shallow eyes, nearly round, thin red skin with white fine quality flesh.
- Soil RequirementsFertile, well-drained sandy loam soli. pH 4.8 - 5.4. Will grow in higher pH, sometimes become scabby.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- Seed Count2 lbs. of seed potatoes. If a seed potato is over 1 inch in diameter, you can cut them into pieces, leaving 1 - 2 eyes per piece. 2 lbs. of seed potatoes will make approximately 10 - 15 potato sets when cut and will plant a 10 - 15 foot row.
- CommentsCompact plants, ideal for small gardens. Top quality cooking spuds. Very disease resistant. Heavy yields. Earliest maturing. Does not do well in soggy areas. Fertilize at planting time. Mound soil over row as plants emerge to protect tubers from turning green in sun. Harvest after tops turn yellow. Can be stored at 40 - 50 degrees F. (cooler temps turn starch to sugar and warmer temps may cause them to sprout).* SPRINKLE A TABLESPOON OF 10-10-10 FERTILIZER IN THE SPACE BETWEEN EACH POTATO PIECE. DO NOT APPLY THE FERTLIZER DIRECTLY TO THE POTATOES AS IT CAN BURN THE TUBERS. AFTER PLANTS ARE 8 - 10 INCHES TALL, USE A HOE AND PILE SEVERAL INCHES OF SOIL UP AROUND THE STEMS; THIS IS CALLED HILLING. THIS PREVENTS EXPOSURE OT THE SUN WHICH CAUSES TUBERS TO BECOME GREEN AND INEDIBLE.Unable to ship to: AE, AK, GU, HI, ID, MT, PR.
- Yield100 lbs. per 100 foot row.
- Botanical NameSolanum tuberosum 'Red Norland'; Family: Solanaceae (Nightshade Family)
- Depth3 to 5 inches between plants and 30 to 36 inches between rows.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule for Plants|
|Zones||Tomatoes & Peppers||Potatoes||Sweet Potatoes||Onion Plants|
|1A-4A||5/14 - 6/1||3/26 - 6/15||5/21 - 6/8||4/2 - 5/11|
|4B||5/14 - 6/1||3/26 - 6/15||5/21 - 6/8||4/2 - 5/11|
|5A||5/14 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||5/14 - 6/8||3/26 - 5/11|
|5B||5/14 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||3/26 - 5/11|
|6A||4/23 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 5/11|
|6B||4/23 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||2/26 - 5/11|
|7A||4/23 - 6/1||2/26 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||2/19 - 5/11|
|7B||4/2 - 6/1||2/26 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/11|
|8A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/19 - 6/15||4/23 - 6/8||1/29 - 5/11|
|9A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/15||4/23 - 6/8||1/2 - 5/11|
|10A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/15||4/16 - 6/8||1/2 - 5/11|
|Last Order Date||5/28||6/11||6/4||5/7|
|Zones||Bareroot Roses||Large Bareroots, Trees & Shrubs||Tender Annuals||All other Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||4/16 - 6/1||4/2 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/22|
|4B||4/16 - 6/1||4/2 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/22|
|5A||4/1 - 6/1||3/19 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/2 - 6/22|
|5B||3/19 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||3/30 - 6/8||3/19 - 6/22|
|6A||3/5 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 6/22|
|6B||3/5 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 6/22|
|7A||2/26 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/22||4/2 - 6/8||2/26 - 6/22|
|7B||2/26 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/22||4/2 - 6/8||2/26 - 6/22|
|8A & B||2/19 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/20 - 5/25|
|9A & B||1/22 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/25|
|10A & B||1/22 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/25|
|Last Order Date||5/28||1A-7B: 6/18||6/4||1A-7B: 6/18|
|8A-10B: 5/21||8A-10B: 5/21|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.