Red Norland Potato
- Thin red skins and small eyes
- White flesh is tasty fried and in potato pancakes
- Produces extra-large tubers
- Early season variety
- Shows good resistance to disease
- Certified seed potatoes
- SKU: 74028
- For each offer ordered, get 1 2 pounds of whole potatoes
- This item is not available in ID ME MT NE
Send me an email when this item is available
Red Norland Potato
- FormAnnual, Upright.
- LightFull sun.
- Height20 - 25 inches.
- Spread18 - 24 inches.
- Spacing12 to 15 inches.
- Zones3 - 9 annual.
- FoliageGreen foliage.
- FruitSmooth, round with shallow eyes, nearly round, thin red skin with white fine quality flesh.
- Soil RequirementsFertile, well-drained sandy loam soli. pH 4.8 - 5.4. Will grow in higher pH, sometimes become scabby.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- Seed Count2 lbs. of seed potatoes. If a seed potato is over 1 inch in diameter, you can cut them into pieces, leaving 1 - 2 eyes per piece. 2 lbs. of seed potatoes will make approximately 10 - 15 potato sets when cut and will plant a 10 - 15 foot row.
- CommentsCompact plants, ideal for small gardens. Top quality cooking spuds. Very disease resistant. Heavy yields. Earliest maturing. Does not do well in soggy areas. Fertilize at planting time. Mound soil over row as plants emerge to protect tubers from turning green in sun. Harvest after tops turn yellow. Can be stored at 40 - 50 degrees F. (cooler temps turn starch to sugar and warmer temps may cause them to sprout).* SPRINKLE A TABLESPOON OF 10-10-10 FERTILIZER IN THE SPACE BETWEEN EACH POTATO PIECE. DO NOT APPLY THE FERTLIZER DIRECTLY TO THE POTATOES AS IT CAN BURN THE TUBERS. AFTER PLANTS ARE 8 - 10 INCHES TALL, USE A HOE AND PILE SEVERAL INCHES OF SOIL UP AROUND THE STEMS; THIS IS CALLED HILLING. THIS PREVENTS EXPOSURE OT THE SUN WHICH CAUSES TUBERS TO BECOME GREEN AND INEDIBLE.Unable to ship to: AE, AK, GU, HI, ID, MT, PR.
- Yield100 lbs. per 100 foot row.
- Botanical NameSolanum tuberosum 'Red Norland'; Family: Solanaceae (Nightshade Family)
- Depth3 to 5 inches between plants and 30 to 36 inches between rows.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|1A-4A||3/25/19 - 6/14/19|
|4B||3/25/19 - 6/14/19|
|5A||3/4/19 - 6/14/19|
|5B||3/4/19 - 6/14/19|
|6A||3/4/19 - 6/14/19|
|6B||3/4/19 - 6/14/19|
|7A||2/25/19 - 6/14/19|
|7B||2/25/19 - 6/14/19|
|8A & B||2/18/19 - 6/14/19|
|9A & B||2/11/19 - 6/14/19|
|10A & B||2/11/19 - 6/14/19|
|Last Order Date||6/10/2019|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Sorry, we cannot ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO or outside the contiguous United States. Please provide a street address as some products are unable to be delivered to Post Office boxes.