Potato Russian Banana
- SKU: 81214
- For each offer ordered, get 1 lb whole potatoes
- This item is not available in ID ME MT NE
Send me an email when this item is available
Potato Russian Banana
- FormAnnual, Upright.
- LightFull sun.
- Height24 - 36 inches.
- Spread18 - 24 inches.
- Spacing8 - 12 inches apart with 30 - 36 inches between rows.
- Zones3 - 9 annual.
- FoliageDark green foliage.
- FruitDeep gold skin, yellow flesh, fingerling shape.
- Soil RequirementsFertile, well-drained sandy loam soil. pH 4.8 - 5.4 Will grow on higher pH, sometimes becomes scabby.
- Growth RateMedium growth rate.
- Seed CountOne lb of seed potatoes will yield 5 - 8 sets and will plant a 5 - 8 ft row.
- CommentsThe best of the fingerling type potatoes, and the easiest to grow. Favorite among chefs and gourmet - specialty markets. Waxy-type, firm texture, wonderful flavor baked, boiled or steamed. Heavy yields of medium sized tubers. Has shown excellent resistance to desease.
- Yield100 lbs. per 100 foot row.
- Botanical NameSolanum tuberosum 'Russian Banana'; Family: Solanaceae (Nightshade Family)
- Depth3 to 5 inches.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|1A-4A||3/25/19 - 6/14/19|
|4B||3/25/19 - 6/14/19|
|5A||3/4/19 - 6/14/19|
|5B||3/4/19 - 6/14/19|
|6A||3/4/19 - 6/14/19|
|6B||3/4/19 - 6/14/19|
|7A||2/25/19 - 6/14/19|
|7B||2/25/19 - 6/14/19|
|8A & B||2/18/19 - 6/14/19|
|9A & B||2/11/19 - 6/14/19|
|10A & B||2/11/19 - 6/14/19|
|Last Order Date||6/10/2019|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Sorry, we cannot ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO or outside the contiguous United States. Please provide a street address as some products are unable to be delivered to Post Office boxes.