Prairie Fire Carex
- SKU: 68399
- For each offer ordered, get 1 potted plant
- Zones: 6-9
- Height: 24-28 inches.
- Light Required: Full sun to partial shade.
Send me an email when this item is available
Prairie Fire Carex
- Unit of Measure1 potted plant
- FormUpright, clumping.
- LightFull sun to partial shade.
- Height24-28 inches.
- Spread18-24 inches.
- Spacing18-24 inches.
- FoliageGrass-like foliage that goes from olive-green, to orange, to reddish brown.
- Flower FormRed-brown plumes.
- BloomsEarly summer.
- Soil RequirementsMoist, well-drained soil.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- PruningNone needed.
- CommentsLow-growing sedge changes colors with the seasons. Growing 24-28 inches tall with a 18-24 inch spread, it has grass-like foliage that goes from olive-green, to orange, to reddish brown. The more sun this ornamental grass receives, the more orange the foliage turns. In early summer, red-brown plumes open above the upright foliage. Potted.
- Botanical NameCarex testacea 'Indian Summer'
- HeaderProvides Year-Round Interest
- DepthPlant at the same depth as it is in the pot.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.