- SKU: 61628
- For each offer ordered, get 1 pack of 15 seeds
- LightFull Sun
- Height24 inches
- Spread6 - 8 feet (bush type)
- Spacing4 - 6 to a hill, hills 5 - 8 feet apart
- Zones3 - 9 (Annual)
- FoliageGreen foliage.
- FruitBright reddish-orange rind. 15 inches x 6 inches.
- Germination8 - 10 days
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, fertile soil. pH 7.0-7.8
- Growth RateMedium growth rate.
- CommentsPlanting: Sow seed when the weather is warm and all danger of frost has passed. Pumpkin seed can be started indoors 3 weeks prior to last frost, but take care not to disturb the roots when transplanting. Best to start seeds in peat pots and transplant pot and all. Pumpkins prefer rich, well-fertilized soil. Plant the seeds 1 inch deep, 4 - 6 seeds to a hill, space hills 5 - 8 feet apart. Germination should take place in 6 - 10 days. Care: Water well during dry weather and mulch to reduce weeds. After seedlings grow 2 inches tall, thin to 2 - 3 plants per hill. For maximum size, remove all but 1 or 2 fruits from each vine and fertilize regularly. Harvest fruits when the skin has turned completely orange. Cut from the vine, leaving a 2-inch stem attached to the fruit. Store in a warm, dry spot.
- Yield5 - 8 fruits per vine.
- Botanical NameCucurbita pepo 'Cinderella'
- Depth1 inch
- Days To Maturity95 days
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|1A-4A||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|4B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|5A||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|5B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|6A||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|6B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|7A||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|7B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|8A & B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|9A & B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|10A & B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|Last Order Date||6/14/2019|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.