Purple Queen Improved Beans
- SKU: 39845
- For each offer ordered, get 2 oz per packet
- Zones: 3 - 9 annual
- Height: 24 inches.
- Light Required: Full sun
- Germination: 6 -10 days
Purple Queen Improved Beans
- Seasonboth Spring & Fall
- Unit of Measure2 oz per packet
- FormUpright annual, no staking required.
- LightFull sun
- Height24 inches.
- Spread12 - 18 inches.
- SpacingPlant seeds 1 inch apart and thin to 2 - 3 inches apart. Plant in rows 24 - 36 inches apart.
- Zones3 - 9 annual
- FoliagePurple-tinged, dark green foliage.
- Flower FormSmall, purple flowers.
- Fruit6 inch purple pods turn green when cooked. Very straight, smooth, stringless pods. Exceptional flavor.
- Germination6 -10 days
- Soil RequirementsRich, well-drained soil; pH 6.0-6.8
- Seed Count2 oz. packet is approximately 150 seeds.
- CommentsLet this beauty reign over your garden this summer. 6 inch pods robed in deep, glossy purple are easy to see (and pick) in the garden and make a stunning presentation on the dinner plate. Improved yields and disease resistance over older varieties. Plants are extremely attractive, with purple blooms and pods showcased against purple-tinged, dark green foliage.
- Botanical NamePhaseolus vulgaris 'Purple Queen Improved'
- HeaderGarden Royalty
- Depth1 -1 1/2 inches deep.
- Days To Maturity51 days
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.