Purple Haze Hybrid Carrot
- SKU: 86978
- For each offer ordered, get approx. 500 seeds per packet
- Zones: 3 - 9
- Height: 12 inches.
- Light Required: Full Sun
- Germination: 10 to 20 days.
Purple Haze Hybrid Carrot
- Seasonboth Spring & Fall
- Unit of Measure approx. 500 seeds per packet
- LightFull Sun
- Height12 inches.
- Spread6 inches.
- Spacing12 inches. When large enough to handle, thin out the seedlings within each row to 4 inches apart.
- Zones3 - 9
- FoliageGreen foliage.
- BloomsHarvest - July to December depending on sowing date.
- Fruit8 - 10 inch long, smooth, rich purple skin contrasts well with the deep orange flesh.
- Germination10 to 20 days.
- Soil RequirementsFertile, light, well drained soil.
- Growth RateMedium growth rate.
- Seed CountApproximately 500 seeds per packet.
- Botanical Name'Daucus carota'
- HeaderHigh in Antioxidants!
- Depth1/2 inch deep.
- Days To Maturity90 days.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.