Rattlesnake Pole Bean
Rattlesnake Pole Bean
- Seasonboth Spring & Fall
- Unit of Measureapprox. 2 oz. per packet
- Formclimbing, must be staked
- Lightfull sun
- Height6-8 ft.
- Spacingplant 1 inch deep, 4 inches apart in rows 30 inches apart
- Zones3-9 annual
- FruitPods are green w/purple markings, seeds are buff w/dark brown markings
- Germination6-10 days
- Soil Requirementsrich, well-drained
- Seed Count2oz.pkt is about 150 seeds, 1/2lb. is about 600 seeds
- CommentsThe prettiest pole beans you can grow! Heirloom variety has pods which are green w/ purple streaks resembling the markings of a rattlesnake and buff seeds are speckled & spattered with deep brown markings. Fast growing, productive, pods are string-less & tender when young and can be used as a snap bean. Mature fruit can be dried and used in soups, stews, and other recipes. Good flavor. Good variety for hot & humid areas.
- Yield150 pounds/100 foot row
- Botanical Namephaseolus vulgaris 'Rattlesnake'; Family: Fabacear/Leguminosae (Bean Family)
- Size7" slightly flattened pods
- HeaderSweet, rich flavor is a Southern favorite.
- Depth1 inch
- Days To Maturity73
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.