- SKU: 65615
- For each offer ordered, get 1 potted plant
- Zones: 7 - 9 (0 F. Winter temperature threshold)
- Height: Same height as trellis - 8 feet
- Light Required: Full sun
- Plants are not available in CA ID OR WA
- Unit of Measure1 potted plant
- FormDeciduous perennial vine.
- LightFull sun
- HeightSame height as trellis - 8 feet
- Spread8 - 12 feet
- Spacing8 - 12 feet
- Zones7 - 9 (0 F. Winter temperature threshold)
- FoliageGreen foliage.
- FruitHas a floral aroma and sweet flavor. Mature fruit is a deep dark red. Grapes are about the size of a nickel. Sets beautiful, decorative fruit clusters with an enticing floral fragrance. Boasts a rich, sweet flavor with a touch of effervescence and popping
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, slightly acidic, sandy loam soil.
- Growth RateMedium to fast growth rate.
- PruningWe recommend spur pruning for this variety. The "trunk" or leader on the Razzmatazz plant is grown so that you can enjoy some fruit the first year. You can train the new shoot growth to accommodate whatever trellis you have to grow it on. If you have a standard grape trellis you can just train the top most shoot up to your cross arm and pinch it there to get the shoot to branch and make your two curtains.
- PollinatorSelf pollinating.
- CommentsPerpetual cropping muscadine. This muscadine is derived from material native to the Southeast US and is highly disease resistant and tolerant to hot humid Summers, making them far easier for the home gardener to grow than traditional table grapes. The fruit has a floral aroma and rich sweet fruity flavor that is unlike any grape. It colors to an iridescent pinkish-red starting in August but the flavor has not developed at this point. It is fully ripe in early September when the fruit is a deep dark red. The extended cropping allows the gardener fruit all the way untill the first frost. This variety does not need another variety for pollination.
- Botanical NameVitis rotundifolia '05-22-3-27' US PATENT 9,045,727
- HeaderWorld's First Continually Fruiting Grape
- DepthPlant so the roots are below the soil.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.