- SKU: 70752
- For each offer ordered, get 1 potted plant
Send me an email when this item is available
- FormHerbaceous perennial
- LightFull sun to partial shade.
- Height12 - 15 inches
- Spread12 - 15 inches
- Spacing12 - 18 inches
- Zones3 - 10
- FoliageEntire toothed, lobed or pinnatifid, hairy leaves alternately on the stems.
- Flower FormPinwheel blooms with button centers.
- ColorMahogany-red with a hint of golden-yellow at the tips of each petal.
- BloomsLate spring to fall frost.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained average soil.
- Growth RateModerate to fast growth rate.
- PruningTime of Pruning After flowering. To remove spent blooms - if desired, not necessary, continues to bloom regardless.
- CommentsThis plant is an exciting breakthrough in breeding of gaillardias. It will exhibit excellent flowering in the first season and each plant is uniform in size. Mahogany red daisy-like blooms with the tips of each petal dipped in golden yellow will bloom continuously all summer long. The foliage looks identical from plant to plant. If other gaillardia plantings would happen to be out of bloom it would appear as if several varieties were present because the foliage can very greatly from one plant to the next but this variety exhibits great uniformity in the foliage.
- Botanical NameGaillardia x grandiflora 'Arizona Red Shades'
- Size4 inch blossoms.
- DepthPlant at the same level as in the pot.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Perennials, Bulbs & Flowers|
|1A-4B||9/4 - 11/2|
|5A & 5B||9/4 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/4 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/4 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/4 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/4 - 11/2|
|Last Order Date||All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.