Red Mist Leaf Lettuce
- SKU: 39840
- For each offer ordered, get 1 pack of 200 seeds
Red Mist Leaf Lettuce
- FormUpright loose lettuce
- LightFull sun.
- Height10 - 12 inches
- Spread10 - 12 inches
- Spacing1 inch apart, rows 12-18 inches apart.
- Zones3 - 9 annual
- FoliageAttractive oak-leaf type lettuce with a multitude of sweet tasting frilly dark green leaves.
- FruitUniformly mounded loose heads.
- Germination7 - 14 days
- Soil RequirementsTolerant of a wide range of soils, but prefers well-drained, cool, loose soil with plentiful moisture and pH 6.2 to 6.8. Sensitive to low pH.
- Seed CountApproximately 200 seeds per packet.
- CommentsRuffled green heads are attractively 'misted' with burgundy, making Red Mist a visual standout in the garden. Tender-crisp leaves don't get bitter, even in hot weather, and have a unique, almost fruity flavor. Great for spring, summer or fall plantings.
- Botanical NameLactuca sativa 'Red Mist'
- Depth1/8 inch deep.
- Days To Maturity40 DAYS
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|1A-4A||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|4B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|5A||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|5B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|6A||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|6B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|7A||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|7B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|8A & B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|9A & B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|10A & B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|Last Order Date||6/14/2019|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.