Red Onion Sets
- SKU: 94685
- For each offer ordered, get approx. 80 sets.
- Zones: 3 - 9 (-30° F.)
- Height: 6 - 10 inches.
- Light Required: Full sun.
- Germination: 8 - 10 days.
- This item is not available in ID WA
Send me an email when this item is available
Red Onion Sets
- Unit of Measureapprox. 80 sets.
- FormUpright, annual.
- LightFull sun.
- Height6 - 10 inches.
- Spread3 - 5 inches.
- Spacing4 - 6 inches between plants, 12 - 24 inches between rows.
- Zones3 - 9 (-30° F.)
- FoliageGreen strap-like foliage.
- Flower FormSmall flowers form balls on the tips of the flowering stems.
- FruitLarge, flattened globes. Deep purple skin. Firm, pink-tinged white flesh with red circles. Strong flavor.
- Germination8 - 10 days.
- Soil RequirementsRich, well-drained sandy loamy soil. pH 6.0 - 6.8.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- Seed CountApproximately 80 sets per offer.
- PruningNone needed
- CommentsEnjoy fresh, delicious onions all year round by growing your own from our quality onion sets. Plant as soon as the ground is workable in the spring, in nitrogen-rich, well-drained soil. Onions are ready to harvest when the tops turn brown and begin to fall over. Store in a cool, dry place. Medium keeper. Vigorous, productive, and adaptable. Long day.
- Yield100 lbs. per 100 foot row.
- Botanical NameAllium cepa 'Red Wethersfield'
- Size3 - 5 inches.
- HeaderGorgeous Red with a Kick
- Depth1 inch.
- Days To Maturity85 days from sets.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.