Red Sun Shallot
- SKU: 39859
- For each offer ordered, get 1 set of 10 shallots
- Zones: 3 - 9
- Height: 14 inches
- Light Required: Full sun.
- This item is not available in ID WA
Red Sun Shallot
- Unit of Measure1 set of 10 shallots
- LightFull sun.
- Height14 inches
- Spread6 inches
- SpacingPlant bulbs 7 inches apart in rows 12 inches apart.
- Zones3 - 9
- FoliageGreen onion-like foliage.
- FruitCrisp, white fleshed bulbs.
- Soil RequirementsWell drained soil.
- CommentsAn improvement over seed-grown shallots, Red Sun promises higher yields of full sized shallots than other varieties. Round, red-skinned bulbs have crisp white flesh with a gourmet flavor that shines when sauteed in butter or olive oil. Green shoots can also be used as green onion or scallion substitute.
- Botanical NameAllium ascalonicum
- HeaderMonths of Gourmet Flavor
- DepthPlant so tip of bulb is just protruding through the soil surface.
- Days To Maturity90 - 120 days.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.