Red Titan Hybrid Beet
Red Titan Hybrid Beet
- Seasonboth Spring & Fall
- Unit of Measureapprox. 200 seeds per pkt.
- FormRoot vegetable with upright foliage.
- LightFull Sun
- Height10-12 inches (tops)
- Spread6-8 inches.
- Spacing3 inches apart, in rows 16 inches apart.
- Zones3-9 (Annual)
- FoliageLeaves are green with some red, 12-13 inches long.
- Germination5 - 10 days
- Soil RequirementsDeep, rich, sandy soil; pH 7.0.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- Seed CountApproximately 200 seeds per packet for item #73441, approximately 100 seeds per packet for item #1024.
- PollinatorSelf pollinating.
- CommentsIntensely dark red beets have a delightfully sweet flavor, due to their high sugar content. Roast for a deliciously healthy side dish. Enjoy great yields of attractive beets that are very uniform, with no internal zoning. Tall, handsome foliage, green with hints of red, has great disease resistance.
- YieldHigh yields
- Botanical NameBeta vulgaris 'Red Titan'
- HeaderHigh Sugar Content Makes it a Flavor Favorite
- Depth1/2 inch.
- Days To Maturity60 days
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.