Red Twig Dogwood
- SKU: 66295
- For each offer ordered, get 1 bareroot plant
- Zones: 3 - 8.
- Height: 5 - 8 feet.
- Light Required: Full sun to partial shade.
- Plants are not available in FL
Send me an email when this item is available
Red Twig Dogwood
- Unit of Measure1 bareroot plant
- FormSmall to medium sized shrub with numerous stems forming thickets.
- LightFull sun to partial shade.
- Height5 - 8 feet.
- Spread3 - 4 feet.
- Spacing2 - 3 feet.
- Zones3 - 8.
- FoliageOpposite, simple, arcuately veined, 2 to 4 inches long, somewhat narrow, entire margin, green above, pale below.
- Flower FormMonoecious; small, dull white in flat top clusters about 2 inches across.
- FruitDull white, 1/4 to 1/3 inch in diameter in rounded clusters. Maturing in late Summer to Fall.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, tolerant of many soil types.
- CommentsCream- ivory flowers in the Spring and red tinged foliage in the Fall. Crimson bark is a great attraction in the Winter. Prune in Summer if needed. Wet site tolerant. RESTRICTED STATES, AE, AK, GU, HI, PR.
- Botanical NameCornus sericea (Stolonifera); Family Cornaceae
- HeaderNoted for Its Bright Red Bark
- DepthSoak roots 2 - 6 hours before planting. Plant so stain on trunk is at same level as previously planted.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.