Red Latham Raspberry
- SKU: 80899
- For each offer ordered, get 1 no. 1 1-yr. plant
- Zones: 3 - 8
- Height: 4 - 6 feet
- Light Required: Full sun to partial shade.
Send me an email when this item is available
Red Latham Raspberry
- Unit of Measure 1 no. 1 1-yr. plant
- LightFull sun to partial shade.
- Height4 - 6 feet
- Spread5 feet
- Spacing3 feet
- Zones3 - 8
- FoliageMedium green foliage.
- FruitLarge, round, up to 1 inch, deep red berries.
- Soil RequirementsOrganic, well-drained, slightly acidic, sandy loam soil.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- PruningPrune Red Latham raspberry canes in early Spring and immediately after harvest. Cut canes back in Spring to about 5 feet tall and remove any weak or diseased canes. Thin new shoots as necessary to prevent over-crowding. After harvest, cut fruit-bearing canes to the ground but leave new shoots to grow until next year.
- CommentsDisease resistant. The standard for Spring-bearing red raspberries. Full flavored, aromatic fruit that is somewhat non-cohesive. Vigorous, highly productive. Ripens evenly over a 3 week period. Very good textured fruit, extra firm.
- YieldApproximately 1 - 2 quarts.
- Botanical NameRubus idaeus 'Latham'
- Size1/4 - 1/2 inch.
- HeaderCold-Hardy, Disease-Resistant Raspberry
- DepthSame as in the nursery with the crown at soil level.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.