Redbud Flowering Tree
- SKU: 08794
- For each offer ordered, get 1 tree
- Zones: 4 - 9 (-20° F.). Winter mulch for first 2 - 3 years.
- Height: 20 - 30 feet, upright and spreading.
- Light Required: Full sun to partial shade.
Send me an email when this item is available
Redbud Flowering Tree
- Unit of Measure1 tree
- LightFull sun to partial shade.
- Height20 - 30 feet, upright and spreading.
- Spread25 - 30 feet.
- Spacing15 - 20 feet.
- Zones4 - 9 (-20° F.). Winter mulch for first 2 - 3 years.
- FoliageBeautiful heart-shaped leaves. Midium-green glossy when young. 3 to 5 inches across.
- Flower FormTypical bean-pea like flowers.
- ColorRosy-purple - opening a little lighter in color.
- BloomsEarly - mid Spring for 3 - 4 weeks.
- Soil RequirementsRich woodsy soil with plenty of organic matter.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate, rapid in first few years. 7 - 10 feet in 5 to 6 years.
- PruningDoes not need pruning.
- CommentsOne of the loveliest small trees, beautiful umbrella-like growth habit. Prolific early Spring flowers along the stems, followed by graceful foliage. Tolerant of shade. Makes a lovely specimen or grouped with other woodland plants. RESTRICTED STATES, AE, AK, GU, HI, PR.
- Botanical NameCercis canadensis
- HeaderNative Ornamental Ideal for Smaller Spaces
- DepthSoak roots 2 - 6 hours before planting, plant so stain on trunk is at same level as previously planted.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.