- SKU: 79924
- For each offer ordered, get 1 potted plant
Send me an email when this item is available
- LightFull sun to partial shade.
- Height24 inches
- Spread24 inches
- Spacing24 inches apart in rows 3 - 4 ft apart
- Zones3 - 8 (-50° F.).
- FoliageGreen leaves on top of crimson-red stalks.
- Flower FormFlowers that grow in 2 - 6 ft stalks should be removed.
- FruitProduces ample yields of pleasingly plump, crimson stalks.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, rich, loamy soil that is fortified with compost or well-rotted manure. PH between 5.0 and 7.0.
- PruningRemove any flower stalks that grow.
- CommentsSweet, yet agreeably tart. Simmer, boil or bake the tall, plump, brilliantly red stalks - nothing fades the rich color and intense flavor. Excellent yields, plenty for processing.
- Botanical NameRheum Rhubarbarum (this is guaranteed to be red rhubarb, it is not a certain cultivar)
- DepthPlant at the same depth as in the pot.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.