- Unit of Measure1 plant
- FormPerennial, Upright stalks, mounded clump.
- LightFull sun to partial shade. Yields best in full sun.
- Height24 - 36 inches.
- Spread36 - 48 inches.
- Spacing36 inches.
- Zones3 - 8
- FoliageMedium to dark green foliage with red to red-green stalks.
- Flower FormFlower stalks can reach up to 6 feet tall with small greenish-white to red flowers.
- ColorGreenish-white to reddish blossoms.
- BloomsMid to late Summer.
- FruitBroad green stalks with a tint of crimson are not tough or stringy.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, deep, fertile soil, high in organic matter, PH 5.5-6.5.
- Growth RateModerate to fast growth rate.
- CommentsThe best variety for cooking. Sweeter & milder than other varieties.
- YieldHigh yields.
- Botanical NameRheum rhabarbarum 'Victoria'
- HeaderThe best cooking rhubarb around
- DepthPlant bareroot 1 inch below soil surface.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.