Ehud Root Celery
- SKU: 09440
- For each offer ordered, get approx. 300 seeds per packet
Send me an email when this item is available
Ehud Root Celery
- LightFull sun.
- Spacing10 inches apart in rows 18 inches apart
- Zones3-9 annual.
- FoliageParsley-like foliage.
- FruitCeleriac is grown for its knobby root rather than for its leaves.
- GerminationCan take two to three weeks to germinate.
- Soil RequirementsRich, moist soil. A generous amount of compost or rotted manure worked deeply into the soil before planting helps retain moisture and add nutrients.
- Seed CountApproximately 300 seeds per packet.
- PruningThroughout the season, remove any lateral and lower shoots to help the root develop a smooth surface. Remove some of the outer leaves to make the root grow larger and smoother, then I cover it with soil or mulch to keep it blanched and tender.
- CommentsMakes an excellent and easy to grow alternative to stalk celery. Medium large round roots are very smooth, with crisp, celery-flavored flesh that's great for fresh eating and delights in a variety of dishes. Ehud is an early maturing variety that keeps well for months. Very high yields. 70 DAYS.
- YieldHigh yields.
- Botanical NameApium gravelolens 'Ehud'
- DepthJust press the seeds into the top of moist seed starter mix. Cover with saran wrap to keep moist.
- Days To Maturity70 Days.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|Spring 2019 Shipping Schedule for Plants|
|Zones||Annual Vegetable Plants||Potatoes||Sweet Potatoes|
|1A-4A||5/13/19 - 5/31/19||3/25/19 - 6/14/19||5/20/19 - 6/7/19|
|4B||5/13/19 - 5/31/19||3/25/19 - 6/14/19||5/20/19 - 6/7/19|
|5A||5/13/19 - 5/31/19||3/4/19 - 6/14/19||5/13/19 - 6/7/19|
|5B||5/13/19 - 5/31/19||3/4/19 - 6/14/19||4/29/19 - 6/7/19|
|6A||4/22/19 - 5/31/19||3/4/19 - 6/14/19||4/29/19 - 6/7/19|
|6B||4/22/19 - 5/31/19||3/4/19 - 6/14/19||4/29/19 - 6/7/19|
|7A||4/22/19 - 5/31/19||2/25/19 - 6/14/19||4/29/19 - 6/7/19|
|7B||4/1/19 - 5/31/19||2/25/19 - 6/14/19||4/29/19 - 6/7/19|
|8A & B||4/1/19 - 5/31/19||2/18/19 - 6/14/19||4/22/19 - 6/7/19|
|9A & B||4/1/19 - 5/31/19||2/11/19 - 6/14/19||4/22/19 - 6/7/19|
|10A & B||4/1/19 - 5/31/19||2/11/19 - 6/14/19||4/15/19 - 6/7/19|
|Last Order Date||5/27/2019||6/10/2019||6/3/2019|
|Zones||Onion Plants||Fruit Trees||Bareroot Roses|
|1A-4A||4/1/19 - 5/10/19||4/1/19 - 6/7/19||4/15/19 - 5/31/19|
|4B||4/1/19 - 5/10/19||4/1/19 - 6/7/19||4/15/19 - 5/31/19|
|5A||3/25/19 - 5/10/19||3/18/19 - 6/7/19||4/1/19 - 5/31/19|
|5B||3/25/19 - 5/10/19||3/4/19 - 6/7/19||3/18/19 - 5/31/19|
|6A||3/4/19 - 5/10/19||3/4/19 - 6/7/19||3/4/19 - 5/31/19|
|6B||2/25/19 - 5/10/19||3/4/19 - 6/7/19||3/4/19 - 5/31/19|
|7A||2/18/19 - 5/10/19||2/11/19 - 6/7/19||2/25/19 - 5/31/19|
|7B||2/11/19 - 5/10/19||2/11/19 - 6/7/19||2/25/19 - 5/31/19|
|8A & B||1/28/19 - 5/10/19||2/11/19 - 6/7/19||2/18/19 - 5/31/19|
|9A & B||1/7/19 - 5/10/19||2/11/19 - 6/7/19||1/21/19 - 5/31/19|
|10A & B||1/7/19 - 5/10/19||2/11/19 - 6/7/19||1/21/19 - 5/31/19|
|Last Order Date||5/6/2019||6/4/2019||5/27/2019|
|Zones||Tropicals & Houseplants||Large Bareroots, Trees & Shrubs||All Other Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||4/29/19 - 6/7/19||4/1/19 - 6/21/19||4/29/19 - 6/21/19|
|4B||4/29/19 - 6/7/19||4/1/19 - 6/21/19||4/29/19 - 6/21/19|
|5A||4/29/19 - 6/7/19||3/18/19 - 6/21/19||4/1/19 - 6/21/19|
|5B||4/29/19 - 6/7/19||3/4/19 - 6/21/19||3/18/19 - 6/21/19|
|6A||4/29/19 - 6/7/19||3/4/19 - 6/21/19||3/4/19 - 6/21/19|
|6B||4/29/19 - 6/7/19||3/4/19 - 6/21/19||3/4/19 - 6/21/19|
|7A||4/1/19 - 6/7/19||2/11/19 - 6/21/19||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|7B||4/1/19 - 6/7/19||2/11/19 - 6/21/19||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|8A & B||4/1/19 - 6/7/19||2/11/19 - 6/21/19||2/18/19 - 5/24/19|
|9A & B||4/1/19 - 6/7/19||2/11/19 - 6/21/19||2/11/19 - 5/24/19|
|10A & B||4/1/19 - 6/7/19||2/11/19 - 6/21/19||2/11/19 - 5/24/19|
|Last Order Date||6/3/2019||1A-7B: 6/17/19
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.