Royal Crown Hybrid Turnip
- SKU: 85092
- For each offer ordered, get approx. 500 seeds per packet.
- Zones: 3 - 9 annual
- Height: 14 - 22 inches.
- Light Required: Full sun.
Send me an email when this item is available
Royal Crown Hybrid Turnip
- Seasonboth Spring & Fall
- Unit of Measureapprox. 500 seeds per packet.
- LightFull sun.
- Height14 - 22 inches.
- Spread8 - 10 inches.
- Spacing1-2? Thin plants to 6 - 8 inches apart.
- Zones3 - 9 annual
- FoliageDeep green colored leaves.
- FruitSweet, mild-flavored roots. uniform top-shaped roots which have a bright purple crown and a creamy white bottom.
- Soil RequirementsWell drained, enriched soil.
- Seed CountApprox. 500 seeds per packet.
- CommentsIt has excellent bolt resistance and sweet, mild-flavored roots that hold their quality up to 4" diameter. From direct seed to maturity in 50 days. Does well for spring or fall sowings. Can use either roots or tops, but Alamo or Topper are better choices for greens.
- Botanical NameBrassica napus 'Royal Crown' Hybrid
- Header"Southern Tough"with excellent bolt resistance.
- Depth1/4-1/2 inch
- Days To Maturity50 days.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.