Royal Helleborus Mix
- SKU: 66413
- For each offer ordered, get 3 plants
- Zones: 4 - 9 (-20° F.).
- Height: 15 - 18 inches.
- Light Required: Shade to partial shade.
Send me an email when this item is available
Royal Helleborus Mix
- Unit of Measure3 plants
- LightShade to partial shade.
- Height15 - 18 inches.
- Spread15 - 18 inches.
- Spacing15" - 18".
- Zones4 - 9 (-20° F.).
- FoliagePalm-like evergreen foliage.
- Flower FormCup shaped, 5 petaled, borne in terminal clusters.
- ColorPurple, red, near black, white, green, pink, and yellow.
- BloomsLate Winter through Spring for up to 4 months.
- Soil RequirementsWell drained, moisture retentive soil for best results.
- Growth RateModerate growth.
- PruningCut back the spent flower stems to encourage repeat blooming and maintain nice appearance.
- CommentsA Hybrid Mix of unnamed varieties. Unusual color range. Move over hosta, astilbes, and bleeding hearts - this hybrid helleborus mix deserves a place in any shade garden. This plant typifies the characteristics that plant breeders and flower gardeners desire. Low maintenance, disease and pest free, very long lived plant, and up to four months of bloom, in a luscious array of colors, including white, pink, green, red, purple, near black, and yellow. Tolerates a wider range of soil conditions including clay soils, and performs in heat and humidity unlike the species. Mulch to prevent frost heave the first Winter. Incorporation of organic matter and Advanced Formula Plant Food will enhance establishment and blooming.
- Botanical NameHelleborus orientalis Hybrids
- DepthPlant at the same depth they are in the pot. Firm soil well and water in thoroughly.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.