- SKU: 79744
- For each offer ordered, get 1 bareroot
Send me an email when this item is available
- LightFull sun to partial shade.
- Height16 - 18 inches
- Spread16 - 18 inches
- Spacing16 - 18 inches
- Zones4 - 9
- FoliageNarrow, glossy dark green foliage.
- Flower FormFunnel or tubular-shaped flowers on terminal racemes.
- ColorCrimson-red with a white throat.
- BloomsMid to late Summer.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained moist soil.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- PruningAfter flowering, remove spent flower stems to ensure repeat blooming. Allow the foliage to die back.
- CommentsGreat new perennial strain developed from a cross between a Mexican and a United States species. This compact growing penstemon is quite durable, has handled Winter temperatures as low as -13 degrees F., and does not seem to suffer in the summer heat and humidity. Because of its low-maintenance and compact-growth habit, it is a good choice for container gardening.
- Botanical NamePenstemon X MEXICALI 'SUNBURST RUBY'
- DepthPlant so the crown(where the roots meet) is one inch below soil level.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Perennials, Bulbs & Flowers|
|1A-4B||9/4 - 11/2|
|5A & 5B||9/4 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/4 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/4 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/4 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/4 - 11/2|
|Last Order Date||All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.