Rubinette Apple Tree
Rubinette Apple Tree
- Unit of Measure1 plant
- FormUpright, spreading tree.
- LightFull sun
- Height20-25 feet for standards. 6-8 feet for Li'l-Big.
- Spread20 feet for standard. 4-6 feet for Li'l-Big.
- Spacing20 feet for standards. 6-8 fet for lil bigs.
- FoliageGreen leaves
- FruitSmall to medium size fruit with bright red striping over golden ground color and slight russeting. Cream to yellow flesh. Balance of sweetness and rich sharpness.
- Soil RequirementsAverage, evenly moist, well-drained soil.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- PruningThin fruit late spring. Allow no more than 1 fruit per set of blossoms.
- PollinatorAnother midseason blooming variety, self-infertile. Honeycrisp, McIntosh, Granny Smith, Fuji, Sweet Sixteen, Pixie Crunch, Sundance, Pristine.
- CommentsA cross between Cox's Orange Pippin and Golden Delicious. Very similar in flavor to Cox, but performs much better in warmer climates. Fruit size improves as tree gets older. Described as 'quite possibly the world's best tasting apple'. Rich combination of sugar, acid and intense honeyed flavor. Not prone to biennial bearing.
- YieldLight yield.
- Botanical NameMalus domestica 'Rubinette'
- DepthGraft or bud union should be just above the soil line. Place the plant in the hole at the same level it was grown by the nursery. This is where the roots start and the tops shoots begin. Spread the roots out evenly. Gently work the soil around the roots do not pack the soil. Water plant thorou
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.