Ruby Sweet Plum
Ruby Sweet Plum
- Unit of Measure1 tree
- FormDeciduous. Spreading.
- LightFull Sun
- Height12-20 feet
- Spread15-20 feet
- Spacing20 - 25 feet for Standard tree
- FoliageDeep green foliage.
- Flower FormA spectacular white blossom that is quite fragrant.
- BloomsLate Winter/Early Spring
- FruitBears in late summer, fruit has a red skin color, almost a ruby red.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, fertile soil.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate, growing 1 to 2 feet per year.
- PruningRemove any suckers coming from the rootstock. Remove any crossed, crowded or inward growing limbs. Late Winter or very early Spring.
- PollinatorWill need to be pollinated by another Japanese Plum like Superior, Alderman or a wild plum.
- CommentsSweet and juicy; does well across the South. Ruby-red flesh melts in your mouth. Developed by USDA in Georgia. Ruby Sweet is a huge improvement over old Stanley plums in flavor and disease resistance. Zones 6-8.
- YieldWhen mature, can produce 50 to 100 pounds of fruit per year.
- Botanical NamePrunica Domestica
- HeaderHuge improvement over Stanley European plum.
- DepthPlant with graft union 2 inches above the soil surface.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.