Salad Bowl Lettuce
Salad Bowl Lettuce
- Seasonboth Spring & Fall
- Unit of Measure approx. 1,000 seeds per packet
- Lightfull sun
- Height6 inches
- Spread8 inches
- Spacing4- 6 inches between plants, 12 - 18 inches between rows.
- Zones3 - 9 annual
- FoliageLight green leaves.
- FruitLarge, light-green upright, loose, tender, wavy, deep-notched leaves.
- Germination8 - 10 days.
- Soil RequirementsRich, moist, well-drained soil. pH 6.0 - 6.8
- Growth RateMedium to fast growth rate.
- Seed CountApproximately 1000 seeds per packet, 1/2 oz. is approximately 12,000 seeds. The seed tape is 15 feet long and has approximately 360 seeds.
- CommentsStays mild and sweet. Fast growing, big-yielding variety. Long standing. Heat resistant, does not get bitter in hot weather. Very slow to bolt.
- Yield50 lbs./100 foot row.
- Botanical NameLactuca sativa 'Salad bowl'; Family: Asteraceae (Daisy Family)
- HeaderHeat Resistant-Slow to Bolt
- Depth1/8 inch. Make sure the seed is not covered (needs light to germinate). Keep soil moist.
- Days To Maturity45 days.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.