$50 or more TODAY! -Tap to Save-
Sarah Bernhardt Peony
- SKU: 02683
- For each offer ordered, get one 2-3 eye bareroot
Send me an email when this item is available
Sarah Bernhardt Peony
- FormHerbaceous perennial, upright.
- LightFull sun to partial shade.
- Height24 - 30 inches
- Spread24 - 36 inches.
- Spacing24 - 36 inches.
- Zones3 - 8
- FoliageGlossy, deep green foliage that is very attractive and ornamental throughout the growing season. The new growth in spring is burgundy colored and turns a soft yellow in the fall.
- Flower FormLarge, double blooms with frothy petals.
- ColorMedium pink blossoms.
- BloomsLate spring to early summer for 2 - 3 weeks.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, humus enriched, moisture retentive slightly acidic soil.
- Growth RateSlow first 1 - 2 years, thereafter growth is moderate when left undisturbed.
- PruningRemove spent flower stems after flowering. Allow foliage to die back before cutting to the ground.
- CommentsWidely cultivated by the Chinese for medicine, food, and as a garden plant. Introduced to Japan in the 8th Century and the early 19th Century into England and Europe. Flowers have a soft and fluffy appearance and they are carried on strong weather resistant stems. A heavy bloomer with beautiful foliage that is attractive throughout the growing season, making it an ideal companion for other perennials. Extremely hardy and care-free.
- Botanical NamePaeonia lactiflora 'Sarah Bernhardt'
- Size6 inch blossoms
- DepthIt is very important to plant with the eye(s) 2 inches below the soil level. If they are planted too deeply, poor flowering will result.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Perennials, Bulbs & Flowers|
|1A-4B||9/4 - 11/2|
|5A & 5B||9/4 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/4 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/4 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/4 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/4 - 11/2|
|Last Order Date||All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Sorry, we cannot ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO or outside the contiguous United States. Please provide a street address as some products are unable to be delivered to Post Office boxes.