- Unit of Measure2 plants
- FormDeciduous. Upright and spreading.
- LightFull sun to partial sun.
- Height15 - 20 feet.
- SpreadUp to 15 feet.
- SpacingCan be planted 3 - 4 feet apart to create a hedge or further apart if desired.
- Zones2 - 7 (-50° F.).
- FoliageGray-green foliage.; multi-stemmed, turns yellow to red in Fall.
- Flower FormWhite flowers in clusters.
- FruitSweet 1/2 inch round black berries.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, rich, moist, alkaline, sandy soil.
- Growth RateMedium growth rate, approximately 12 - 18 inches per year.
- PruningTypically does not require pruning. If needed, prune after the fruit has set or after harvest.
- PollinatorSelf-pollinating. No pollinator is required, but for higher fruit yields plant 2 or more plants.
- CommentsUsually black fruit but ranges from cream to red and black. High in Vitamin C. UNable to ship to: AE, AK, GU, HI, PR.
- YieldExcellent yields.
- Botanical NameAmelanchier alnifolia (not a particular cultivar), Serviceberry
- HeaderHardy in the Far North
- DepthPlant stain on trunk at soil surface.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.