Scarlet Nantes Carrot
Scarlet Nantes Carrot
- Seasonboth Spring & Fall
- Unit of Measureapprox. 1500 seeds per packet
- FormAnnual. Root.
- LightFull sun.
- Height18 - 22 inches.
- Spread8 - 10 inches .
- Spacing2 - 3 inches between plants, 12 - 14 inches between rows.
- Zones3 - 9 annual.
- FoliageGreen foliage.
- FruitBright orange throughout. Sweet, juicy, fine-grained flesh. Straight and smooth.
- Germination10 - 15 days.
- Soil RequirementsLight, fertile, deep, well-drained, sandy loam soil; pH 5.5-6.8.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- Seed CountApproximately 1500 seeds per packet, 1/2 oz. is approximately 8,000 seeds.
- CommentsCoreless. Tapers to a stump end, cylindrical. Top Winter storage crop. Holds well in the ground; dig all Winter. Durable, strong topped. Good yields.
- Yield100 pounds per 100 foot row.
- Botanical NameDaucus carota ssp. Sativus 'Nantes Coreless' (aka 'Scarlet Nantes')'; Family: Umbelliferae/Apiaceae (Carrot Family)
- Size6 inches x 1.5 inches.
- HeaderUp to a Bushel per Packet
- Depth1/4 - 1/2 inch.
- Days To Maturity65 days.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.