Seedless Red Canadice Grape
Seedless Red Canadice Grape
- Unit of Measure 1 no. 1 1-yr. vine
- FormDeciduous perennial Vine.
- LightFull Sun
- Spread20 feet
- Spacing8 - 15 feet
- Zones4 - 8 (-20° F.)
- FoliageDark green foliage.
- Flower FormSmall, 5 petaled, held in narrow panicles. Not ornamental.
- FruitMedium size, firm, seedless red fruit, not a slip skin variety.
- Soil RequirementsMoist, well-drained, slightly acidic soil.
- Growth RateMedium growth rate.
- PruningDuring late February or March, proper pruning will help maintain a grapevine's potential of producing good quality fruit crop, develop good vine structure, increase sunlight exposure into the canopy, promote the development of next year's fruiting wood, and potentially reduce disease and insect pressure.
- CommentsLong, large, well-filled clusters 6 - 8 inches long. Fruit has a spicy flavor with outstanding quality. Keeps long on the vine; long harvest season. Medium resistance to black rot. Somewhat susceptible to mildews. Cold-hardy choice for the North. American grape. Train on arbor or trellis. Developed in the North. Best for Northern climates for seedless grapes. Tends to produce some type of seed if grown in climates above zone 6.
- YieldApproximately 20 - 40 pounds at maturity.
- Botanical NameVitis labrusca 'Canadice'
- Size1/16 - 1/8 inch.
- HeaderHardiest Red You Can Grow
- DepthSame as in the nursery. Plant so the roots are below soil level.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.