- SKU: 65989
- For each offer ordered, get 1 potted plant
- FormDeciduous woody shrub.
- LightPartial Shade/Full Sun
- HeightUpright 10 - 15 feet.
- Spread10 - 12 feet
- Spacing10 - 12 feet.
- Zones4 - 7
- FoliageSlightly bluish-green, glabrous, heart-shaped leaves 4 - 5 inches long.
- Flower FormEnormous, tall, trusses 8 - 10 inch + of single flowers.
- ColorPurple edged in white.
- BloomsEarly to mid Spring.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, humus enriched soil.
- Growth RateModerate to fast growth rate.
- PruningOnly to maintain shape. Lilacs can easily be trimmed to a shorter height. Prune after flowering. It improves the looks of the plant to remove spent flower heads.
- CommentsDramatic, bi-color blooms of purple, elegantly trimmed in white, cover this lilac in early to mid spring, filling the air with their sweet scent. Beautiful as a border shrub or a colorful hedge. Blooms are complemented by heart-shaped foliage. Adds distinctive flair to cut-flower bouquets. Grows 10-15' tall; spreads 10-12'.Restricted States: AE, AK, GU, HI, PR.
- Botanical NameSyringa vulgaris 'Sensation'
- DepthPlant at the same depth it is in the pot.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||All Other Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||5/5/19 - 6/21/19|
|4B||5/5/19 - 6/21/19|
|5A||4/1/19 - 6/21/19|
|5B||3/18/19 - 6/21/19|
|6A||3/11/19 - 6/21/19|
|6B||3/4/19 - 6/21/19|
|7A||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|7B||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|8A & B||2/19/19 - 6/21/19|
|9A & B||2/19/19 - 6/21/19||10A & B||2/11/19 - 6/21/19|
|Last Order Date|| 1A-7B: 6/17/19
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.