$50 or more TODAY! -Tap to Save-
Seychelles Pole Bean
- SKU: 61545
- For each offer ordered, get one 2 oz pkt of seed
Send me an email when this item is available
Seychelles Pole Bean
- LightFull Sun
- Height7 - 9 feet (vines)
- SpacingPlant seed 1 inch deep (deeper if soil is dry), in hills of four to six seeds at the base of each pole. Plant 3 inches apart in rows along the base of linear trellis.
- Zones3 - 9 (Annual)
- FoliageVigorous, dark green vines.
- Flower FormSmall white flowers.
- FruitVery uniform, straight, slender, 5-6 inch, stringless dark green pods with very small seeds.
- Germination6-14 days.
- Soil RequirementsRich, well-drained soil; pH 6.0-6.8.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- Seed Count2 oz. packet is approximately 150 seeds, 1/2 lb. is approximately 600 seeds.
- PruningIt is beneficial to prune the growth above the trellis or stake to promote a fuller plant and pod set at the base of the stems.
- CommentsThis All-America Selections Winner was developed by a Dutch breeder to produce uniform, long, straight, stringless pods with excellent flavor. Handsome, slender, dark green pods grow 5-6 inches long and have a pleasingly crisp texture, Very productive and matures early. Vigorous vines need support, and grow as happily in a container as they do in the garden.
- YieldProduces large yields.
- Botanical NamePhaseolus vulgaris 'Seychelles'
- Depth1 inch
- Days To Maturity55 days
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|1A-4B||6/18 - 11/1|
|5A & 5B||6/18 - 11/1|
|6A & 6B||6/18 - 11/1|
|7A & 7B||6/18 - 11/1|
|8A & 8B||6/18 - 11/1|
|9A-10B||6/18 - 11/1|
|Last Order Date||All Grow Zones: Oct 28, 2019|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Sorry, we cannot ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO or outside the contiguous United States. Please provide a street address as some products are unable to be delivered to Post Office boxes.