$50 or more TODAY! -Tap to Save-
Shogun Japanese Iris
- SKU: 75275
- For each offer ordered, get 1 iris rhizome
Send me an email when this item is available
Shogun Japanese Iris
- LightFull sun to partial shade.
- Height24 - 40 inches
- Spread12 - 18 inches
- Spacing12 - 18 inches
- Zones4 - 9
- FoliageLong, narrow, sword-like bright green leaves.
- Flower Form5 - 6 inch flowers with 3 to 6 large petals hanging down rather than upright standards like bearded iris.
- ColorRoyal red with yellow and white throat.
- BloomsEarly to mid summer for several weeks.
- FruitCapsules, sometimes used in dried arrangements.
- Soil RequirementsHumus enriched, moisture retentive and on the acid side. Dislikes sandy soil.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- PruningDead-head. Tolerant to pruning in late fall or early winter. Can wait to remove dead leaves in spring.
- CommentsThe last of the Iris varieties to bloom. Very large orchid-like blooms against beautiful sword-like foliage. Deer resistant. Hardy - few problems. A light winter mulch is recommended in cold areas, remove in early spring before growth starts.
- Botanical NameIris ensata 'Shogun'
- DepthDig a shallow hole 2 - 4 inches deep and twice as wide as the rhizome. Place the rhizome on a small mound in the middle of this hole and spread the roots. Fill the hole with soil, but only partially cover the rhizome. Water thoroughly.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||10/1 - 11/1||9/23 - 11/1||9/23 - 11/1||9/23 - 11/1||6/18 - 11/1||6/18 - 11/1|
|5A||10/1 - 11/1||9/23 - 11/1||9/23 - 11/1||9/23 - 11/1||6/18 - 11/1||6/18 - 11/1|
|5B||10/1 - 11/1||9/23 - 11/1||9/23 - 11/1||9/23 - 11/1||6/18 - 11/1||6/18 - 11/1|
|6A & 6B||10/1 - 11/1||9/23 - 11/1||9/23 - 11/1||9/23 - 11/1||6/18 - 11/1||6/18 - 11/1|
|7A & 7B||10/1 - 11/1||9/23 - 11/1||9/23 - 11/1||9/23 - 11/1||6/18 - 11/1||6/18 - 11/1|
|8A & 8B||10/1 - 11/1||9/23 - 11/1||9/23 - 11/1||9/23 - 11/1||6/18 - 11/1||6/18 - 11/1|
|9A-10B||10/1 - 11/1||9/23 - 11/1||9/23 - 11/1||9/23 - 11/1||6/18 - 11/1||6/18 - 11/1|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 28, 2019|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Sorry, we cannot ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO or outside the contiguous United States. Please provide a street address as some products are unable to be delivered to Post Office boxes.