Silver Variegated Iris
- SKU: 75365
- For each offer ordered, get 1 Bareroot Plant
Send me an email when this item is available
Silver Variegated Iris
- LightFull Sun to Partial Shade
- Height2 1/2 - 3 feet
- Spread1 1/2 - 2 feet
- Spacing1 - 2 feet
- Zones4 - 9
- FoliageLong, broad, sword-like leaves 1 - 1 1/2 inches wide. Silvery-grey green with striking white stripes along each blade.
- Flower FormLavender blooms with a sweet fragrance of grape soda.
- BloomsMid to Late Spring
- Soil RequirementsHumus-enriched, moist, well-drained soil.
- PruningRemove spent flower stems after blooming. In late fall, cut back foliage to 6-inch fans. Remove plant debris before winter.
- CommentsAdd striking vertical interest to the landscape with its green-and-white-striped foliage that makes a statement en masse or as a specimen. Lavender blooms appear mid to late spring - with the deliciously sweet fragrance of grape soda!
- Botanical NameIris pallida variegata Silver
- DepthDig a hole large enough to spread the roots without bending them. Set the rhizome so the bottom half is below ground level. Firm soil well and water thoroughly.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Perennials, Bulbs & Flowers|
|1A-4B||9/4 - 11/2|
|5A & 5B||9/4 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/4 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/4 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/4 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/4 - 11/2|
|Last Order Date||All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.