Ruby Slippers Reblooming Hydrangea
- SKU: 07653
- For each offer ordered, get 1 potted plant
- Zones: 5 - 9 (-20 degrees F.).
- Height: 3 - 4 feet
- Light Required: Full sun to partial shade to shade.
Ruby Slippers Reblooming Hydrangea
- Unit of Measure1 potted plant
- FormDeciduous woody shrub.
- LightFull sun to partial shade to shade.
- Height3 - 4 feet
- Spread4 - 5 feet
- Spacing4 - 5 feet
- Zones5 - 9 (-20 degrees F.).
- FoliageLarge, dark green, leathery textured leaves with broad lobes. 3" - 8" long, 3" - 5" wide. The under surface is whitish to brownish tomentose.
- Flower Form9-inch long inflorescences held upright above foliage.
- ColorChanges from white to pink to red.
- BloomsEarly summer to midsummer.
- Soil RequirementsWell drained, moisture retentive soils, enriched with organic matter. Also does well in dry soils once established.
- Growth RateSlow to medium once established, which takes approximately 6 - 8 weeks.
- PruningThese generally bloom on old wood and require little pruning. Prune spent blooms immediately after flowering (mid-Summer), or remove only dead, damaged or unsightly wood anytime.
- CommentsThis Hydrangea is selected for its unique flower color. The 9'' long inflorescences start white and slowly change color to pink to eventually turn red. It grows compact and bushy while the flowers stay upright above the oakleaf foliage. The large decorative leaves withstand sun, strong wind and heavy rain unblemished. The stems are very strong and hold these panicles upright creating a spectacular sight. The foliage turns a fiery scarlet and burgundy in the Fall while the cinnamon exfoliating bark give Winter interest. Spectacular anywhere it's planted. Spring Hill is amongst the first to introduce this variety. A very high bud count. Does well in dry soils.
- Botanical NameHydrangea quercifolia NA 74836
- HeaderChanges From White to Pink to Red!
- DepthPlant at the same level as in the pot.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.