Snow Queen Hydrangea
- SKU: 87414
- For each offer ordered, get 1 plant
- Zones: 6 - 9.
- Height: 5 - 8 feet, bushy and mounding.
- Light Required: Shade/Partial Shade/Full Sun. Best in shade to part shade.
Send me an email when this item is available
Snow Queen Hydrangea
- Unit of Measure1 plant
- FormDeciduous woody shrub.
- LightShade/Partial Shade/Full Sun. Best in shade to part shade.
- Height5 - 8 feet, bushy and mounding.
- Spread6 - 8 feet.
- Spacing6 - 8 feet.
- Zones6 - 9.
- FoliageLarge, dark green, leathery textured leaves with broad lobes. 4 - 8 inches long, 3 - 5 inches wide.
- Flower Form1/2 - 1 inch five-lobed florets in broad, elongated, upright panicles 6 - 12" long.
- ColorWhite, turns light pink in fall
- BloomsMid- Summer to early Fall.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, fertile, moist soil.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- PruningLittle pruning is needed, but if it is necessary to maintain its shape, prune immediately after done flowering. This variety blooms on old wood. Dead wood can be removed at any time. Prune after flowering.
- CommentsA truly noble specimen, Snow Queen exhibits the finest qualities characteristic of Hydrangea. Large, 4-8" long leaves withstand sun, strong wind and even heavy rain unblemished. Strong, upright stems hold pyramidal, 6-12" long panicles of spectacular, velvety white blooms in midsummer. Plus, this exquisite shrub grows 5-8' tall with fiery scarlet and burgundy fall color. Zones 5-9. 4" pot. Hydrangea quercifolia 'Snow Queen' PP4458.Selected by William Flemer III of Princeton Nurseries for its unique range of desirable ornamental characteristics that have made it one of America's finest shrubs. The large decorative leaves withstand sun, strong wind and heavy rain unblemished. In summer it produces imposing, bold, almost pyramidal panicles composed of a multitude of large velvety white flowers. The stems are very strong and hold these panicles upright creating a spectacular sight. The foliage turns a fiery scarlet and burgundy in the fall, while the cinnamon exfoliating bark provides winter interest. Spectacular anywhere it's used. Restricted States: AE, AK, GU, HI, PR.
- Botanical NameHydrangea quercifolia 'Snow Queen' PP4458.
- HeaderOne of the finest ever for the South.
- DepthPlant at the same depth it is in the pot.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule for Plants|
|Zones||Tomatoes & Peppers||Potatoes||Sweet Potatoes||Onion Plants|
|1A-4A||5/14 - 6/1||3/26 - 6/15||5/21 - 6/8||4/2 - 5/11|
|4B||5/14 - 6/1||3/26 - 6/15||5/21 - 6/8||4/2 - 5/11|
|5A||5/14 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||5/14 - 6/8||3/26 - 5/11|
|5B||5/14 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||3/26 - 5/11|
|6A||4/23 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 5/11|
|6B||4/23 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||2/26 - 5/11|
|7A||4/23 - 6/1||2/26 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||2/19 - 5/11|
|7B||4/2 - 6/1||2/26 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/11|
|8A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/19 - 6/15||4/23 - 6/8||1/29 - 5/11|
|9A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/15||4/23 - 6/8||1/2 - 5/11|
|10A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/15||4/16 - 6/8||1/2 - 5/11|
|Last Order Date||5/28||6/11||6/4||5/7|
|Zones||Bareroot Roses||Large Bareroots, Trees & Shrubs||Tender Annuals||All other Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||4/16 - 6/1||4/2 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/22|
|4B||4/16 - 6/1||4/2 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/22|
|5A||4/1 - 6/1||3/19 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/2 - 6/22|
|5B||3/19 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||3/30 - 6/8||3/19 - 6/22|
|6A||3/5 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 6/22|
|6B||3/5 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 6/22|
|7A||2/26 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/22||4/2 - 6/8||2/26 - 6/22|
|7B||2/26 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/22||4/2 - 6/8||2/26 - 6/22|
|8A & B||2/19 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/20 - 5/25|
|9A & B||1/22 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/25|
|10A & B||1/22 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/25|
|Last Order Date||5/28||1A-7B: 6/18||6/4||1A-7B: 6/18|
|8A-10B: 5/21||8A-10B: 5/21|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.