Somerset Seedless Grape
- SKU: 70190
- For each offer ordered, get No. 1, 1-yr bareroot
- This item is not available in CA ID OR WA
Send me an email when this item is available
Somerset Seedless Grape
- FormDeciduous perennial vine.
- LightFull sun
- Height4-6 feet.
- Spread1-1 1/2 feet.
- Spacing6-8 feet.
- FoliageMedium green foliage.
- Flower FormSmall, 5 petaled, held in narrow panicles. Not ornamental.
- FruitMedium-sized, red table grapes with a juicy, firm, crisp texture. Sweet, strawberry-like flavor.
- Soil RequirementsHighly organic, well-drained soil.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- PruningDuring late February or March, proper pruning will help maintain a grapevine's potential of producing a good quality fruit crop, develop good vine structure, increase sunlight exposure into the canopy, promote the development of next year's fruiting wood, and potentially reduce disease and insect pressure.
- CommentsEnjoy the sweet, unique strawberry-like flavor of this red table grape. One of the earliest maturing and among the most cold-hardy seedless grapes, Somerset grows in small to medium-sized compact clusters. Firm, juicy grapes have adherent skin and are best eaten fresh or made into jelly. Zones 4-8. No. 1, 1 yr. vines.
- YieldHeavy yields.
- Botanical NameVitis labrusca 'Somerset'
- DepthPlant at the same depth as in the nursery. Plant so the roots are below soil level.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||All Other Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||5/5/19 - 6/21/19|
|4B||5/5/19 - 6/21/19|
|5A||4/1/19 - 6/21/19|
|5B||3/18/19 - 6/21/19|
|6A||3/11/19 - 6/21/19|
|6B||3/4/19 - 6/21/19|
|7A||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|7B||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|8A & B||2/19/19 - 6/21/19|
|9A & B||2/19/19 - 6/21/19|
|10A & B||2/11/19 - 6/21/19|
|Last Order Date|| 1A-7B: 6/17/19
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Sorry, we cannot ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO or outside the contiguous United States. Please provide a street address as some products are unable to be delivered to Post Office boxes.