Spanish Globe Onion Set
- SKU: 08589
- For each offer ordered, get 1 80 count set
- This item is not available in ID WA
Send me an email when this item is available
Spanish Globe Onion Set
- FormUpright, annual.
- LightFull Sun.
- Height12 - 18 inches.
- Spread3 - 4 inches.
- Spacing4 - 6 inches between plants, 12 - 24 inches between rows.
- Zones3 - 10. Annual.
- FoliageGreen strap-like foliage.
- Flower FormClusters of star-shaped blooms.
- FruitLarge yellowish onion with a crisp, firm flesh. Stores well for months.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, sandy fertile soil.
- Growth RateMedium to fast growth rate. Harvest when the tops turn yellow, lay down, and begin to dry out. Pull the onions and leave them in the fields to dry for 2-3 days. Tops should be dry before bringing them inside. Store onions in mesh bags, in a cool, dry plac
- Seed CountApproximately 80 sets per pint.
- CommentsSweet and mild _ flavored, these large yellowish onions with a crisp, firm _ flesh will store well for several months. Popular for fresh eating and cooking, try growing Spanish Globe Sets in our unique Grow Tubs™
- Botanical NameAllium cepa "Spanish Globe"
- Depth1-2 inches.
- Days To Maturity85 days
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Vegetable Plants & Starts|
|1A-4B||9/4 - 11/2|
|5A & 5B||9/4 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/4 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/4 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/4 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/4 - 11/2|
|Last Order Date||All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Sorry, we cannot ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO or outside the contiguous United States. Please provide a street address as some products are unable to be delivered to Post Office boxes.