Ruby Spice Summersweet
- SKU: 72999
- For each offer ordered, get 1 potted plant
Ruby Spice Summersweet
- FormDeciduous woody shrub.
- LightFull sun to partial shade. Prefers part shade and consistently moist, acidic, sandy soils. Soils should not be allowed to dry out.
- Height5 - 6 feet.
- Spread5 - 6 feet.
- Spacing5 - 6 feet.
- Zones6 - 9.
- FoliageSimple, obovate with serrated margins, 1 1/2 inch - 4 inch long and up to 2 inch wide. Mid-green turning a rich golden-brown in the Fall.
- Flower FormMasses of tiny star-like flowers on plump 2 inch - 4 inch terminal panicles.
- ColorRich rose-pink.
- BloomsMid to late Summer.
- Soil RequirementsTolerant of a wide range of conditions, including wet soils.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- PruningPrune to maintain size after flowering. Prune if needed in late winter.
- CommentsA huge color breakthrough, Ruby Spice's rich, rose-pink blooms are a first for flowered Clethra. Intensely fragrant, star-shaped flowers in plump 2-4" wands decorate 4-6' bush for many weeks in summer. Zones 4-9. 4" pot.Clethra alnifolia 'Ruby Spice'.
- Botanical NameClethra alnifolia 'Ruby Spice'
- DepthPlant at the same level as it is in the pot.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||All Other Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||5/5/19 - 6/21/19|
|4B||5/5/19 - 6/21/19|
|5A||4/1/19 - 6/21/19|
|5B||3/18/19 - 6/21/19|
|6A||3/11/19 - 6/21/19|
|6B||3/4/19 - 6/21/19|
|7A||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|7B||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|8A & B||2/19/19 - 6/21/19|
|9A & B||2/19/19 - 6/21/19||10A & B||2/11/19 - 6/21/19|
|Last Order Date|| 1A-7B: 6/17/19
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.