- SKU: 86987
- For each offer ordered, get 1 12-18" bareroot
- Zones: 5 - 9.
- Height: 8 - 12 feet.
- Light Required: Full sun to partial shade.
Send me an email when this item is available
- Unit of Measure 1 12-18" bareroot
- FormPerennial, rounded shrub.
- LightFull sun to partial shade.
- Height8 - 12 feet.
- Spread8 - 12 feet.
- Spacing8 - 12 feet.
- Zones5 - 9.
- FoliageOvate, 3.5 - 5 inch long light green leaves in summer turn to a brilliant yellow in the fall and have a delicious spicy scent when crushed.
- Flower FormTiny aromatic yellow blossoms in clusters.
- ColorYellow flowers.
- BloomsEarly spring.
- FruitFemale shrubs produce small red drupes (berries) in the fall which are loved by birds. However, must have male plant present to produce fruit.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, moist soil.
- Growth RateNaturalizing, fall interest, borders.
- PruningRequires no extensive pruning, but a light annual trimming keeps the plants looking tidy. Eliminate dead and damaged growth as well as limbs that rub together after all the blooms have faded in the spring.
- CommentsThis native perennial shrub is sure to add some beautiful fall color to your garden. Tolerates clay soils, drought, dense shade & deer.
- Botanical NameLindera benzoin
- HeaderBring Swallowtails to Your Yard
- DepthPlant so stain on the trunk is at the same level as previously planted.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.