Stanley Plum Tree
Stanley Plum Tree
- Unit of Measure1 tree
- FormDeciduous. Spreading.
- LightFull Sun
- Height25 - 30 feet for Standard. 15 - 18 feet for Semi-dwarf.
- Spread20 - 25 feet for Standard, 15 - 18 feet for Semi-dwarf.
- Spacing20 - 25 feet for Standard, 15 - 29 feet for Semi-dwarf.
- Zones5 - 8
- FoliageDeep green foliage.
- Flower FormShowy
- ColorWhite blossoms.
- FruitMedium to large, oval, dark blue fruit.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, fertile soil.
- Growth RateMedium growth rate.
- PruningThe best time to prune plum trees is early Spring or early Summer during a dry day. Never prune in Winter (to avoid silver leaf disease).
- CommentsFirm, tender, fine-grained, yellowish-green, freestone flesh. Sweet, rich flavor. European plum. Flesh turns purplish-red when canned. Yields more heavily when pollinated with another variety (Green Gage, Damson). Heavy, annual producer.
- YieldApproximately 2 - 5 bushels at maturity for Standard, 1 - 3 bushels for Semi-dwarf.
- Botanical NamePrunus domestica 'Stanley'
- Size1 inch blossoms.
- HeaderSelf-Pollinating Favorite
- DepthThe top of the Ellepot container should be even with the soil level.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.