Star Gazer Hydrangea
- SKU: 72978
- For each offer ordered, get 1 potted plant
- Zones: 5-9
- Height: 3-4 feet
- Light Required: Part shade. Tolerates full sun only if grown in consistently moist soils.
Send me an email when this item is available
Star Gazer Hydrangea
- Unit of Measure1 potted plant
- FormDeciduous shrub with a compact and mounded form.
- LightPart shade. Tolerates full sun only if grown in consistently moist soils.
- Height3-4 feet
- Spread3 - 5 feet
- Spacing3 - 5 feet
- FoliageLarge, dark green leaves are very attractive and provide a lush covering.
- Flower FormGorgeous lacecap clusters of small blooms.
- ColorDouble pink or blue blooms. In alkaline soils, the stars are pink; in acidic, they're blue.
- BloomsFrom summer to fall. Blooms on old wood in the spring, and reblooms in summer on new wood.
- Soil RequirementsRich, medium moisture, well-drained soils.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- PruningRemove faded flowers to encourage more, repeat blooms. Generally, it requires little pruning. If needed, prune immediately after flowering by cutting back flowering stems to a pair of healthy buds. Remove weak or winter-damaged stems in late winter/early spring.
- CommentsGorgeous, lacecap clusters of small double pink or blue blooms shine against the handsome, lush, dark green foliage. If soil pH is alkaline, the white blooms will have a pink star. If soil pH is acidic, the star at the center of each flower will be blue. This deciduous shrub makes a beautiful specimen or accept plant in a partially shaded landscape, or plant several en masse or as a hedge for big impact. Blooms on old wood in spring and on new wood in summer and into fall, creating a long season of color. Flowers also add elegance to fresh bouquets and dried arrangements. Little pruning is necessary, but flowers more prolifically if spent blooms are removed.
- Botanical NameHydrangea macrophylla 'Kompeito' PP20998
- HeaderDelivers a long season of color.
- DepthDig a hole twice the size as the container and set the plant at the same level it is growing at in the container, firm soil and water thoroughly.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.