Starry Starry Night Hibiscus
- SKU: 62455
- For each offer ordered, get 1 bareroot.
Send me an email when this item is available
Starry Starry Night Hibiscus
- FormHerbaceous perennial.
- LightFull sun to partial shade.
- Height3 1/2 - 4 feet
- Spread36 - 48 inches.
- Spacing36 - 48 inches.
- FoliageRich purple maple leaf-like. To achieve the darkest color of the foliage, plant in full sun.
- Flower Form7 - 8 inch disk-shaped flowers with 5 or more petals.
- Colorblossoms of pale pink are heavily veined in dark pink and sport deep red eyes.
- BloomsMid Summer to mid Fall.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained soil. Will tolerate Clay soil; Loamy soil; Sandy soil.
- Growth RateMedium once established which takes about 4-6 weeks. Fast growth rate thereafter.
- PruningAfter blooming, cut the withered flower at the top of the stem to prevent seed production and encourage rebloom. Allow the leaves to wither and turn brown before removing them. The leaves provide nourishment for the plants.
- CommentsShow-stopping pinwheel blossoms of pale pink are heavily veined in dark pink and sport deep red eyes-magnificent in full bloom when 7-8" flowers cover the plant from top to bottom! The foliage is just as nice in shades of near black with a maplelike form Hibiscus 'Starry Night' PPAF.
- Botanical NameHibiscus 'Starry Starry Night' Patent No. 27901
- Size7-8 inch blossoms
- DepthDig a hole twice as wide and twice as deep as the root. Holding the roots with one hand, suspend them in the planting hole at the proper depth. Fill in and around the roots with soil until the hole is completely filled. Tamp the soil with your hand to remove air pockets. Create a "saucer" around the
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||All Other Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||5/5/19 - 6/21/19|
|4B||5/5/19 - 6/21/19|
|5A||4/1/19 - 6/21/19|
|5B||3/18/19 - 6/21/19|
|6A||3/11/19 - 6/21/19|
|6B||3/4/19 - 6/21/19|
|7A||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|7B||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|8A & B||2/19/19 - 6/21/19|
|9A & B||2/19/19 - 6/21/19|
|10A & B||2/11/19 - 6/21/19|
|Last Order Date|| 1A-7B: 6/17/19
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Sorry, we cannot ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO or outside the contiguous United States. Please provide a street address as some products are unable to be delivered to Post Office boxes.