Stella de Oro Daylily
- SKU: 08989
- For each offer ordered, get 1 bareroot
- Zones: 3 - 9
- Height: 18 - 24 inches
- Light Required: Full sun to partial shade.
Send me an email when this item is available
Stella de Oro Daylily
- Unit of Measure1 bareroot
- LightFull sun to partial shade.
- Height18 - 24 inches
- Spread18 - 24 inches
- Spacing18 - 24 inches
- Zones3 - 9
- FoliageSemi-evergreen grass-like foliage.
- Flower FormTrumpet-shaped blossoms.
- ColorDeep, golden yellow flowers.
- BloomsMay not bloom until the second season. Peak flowering in late Spring - early Summer, sporadically throughout the Summer with a heavier repeat bloom in Fall.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained soil.
- Growth RateSlow growth rate while establishing, fast thereafter.
- PruningRemove spent flowers to encourage rebloom throughout the Summer.
- CommentsAward-winning dwarf daylily has become a garden favourite. With its steady succession of bell-shaped, 2 1/2" golden flowers, versatile size and superlong blooming period, Stella de Oro is in a class by itself. Hardy and trouble-free. Perfect for borders and pots in full sun to partial shade. Hemerocallis. The longest blooming Daylily on the market, Stella d'Oro produces masses of fragrant, 3 1/2 inch, golden yellow ruffled flowers that deliver weeks of vibrant color and unparalleled beauty for many weeks. It is one of the earliest varieties to start blooming, and then it reblooms again later in the season. Stella's low-maintenance growth habit and floriferous nature make it a landscaper's dream. They reach heights of 18 - 24" making them equally at home in a border as in a container or perennial bed. A dormant variety , meaning that it goes completely dormant during the winter only to reappear stronger than ever during the growing season. No mulching is needed during this dormant period. Setting the standard for daylilies, this Stout Medal Award winner flourishes in just about any condition. Late Spring golden blooms continue throughout the Summer. Keep soil moist, but not soggy. Incorporate generous amounts of peat moss, compost or well-rotted manure into the soil. Be careful not to over-fertilize. May be divided every three years as needed. Cut leaves back to 3 - 4 inches in Fall. Drought and heat resistant. Good for naturalizing or planting in large masses for groundcovers. Each flower lasts only one day but is replaced by a new one daily for the duration of the bloom time.
- Botanical NameHemerocallis 'Stella de Oro'
- Size2 1/2 inch flowers.
- DepthDig 8 " x 8 " hole. Make cone shape with soil and spread roots over it, placing crown 1 inch below soil surface.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.