- SKU: 66306
- For each offer ordered, get 1 potted plant
Send me an email when this item is available
- FormTender perennial.
- LightFull sun.
- Height12- 32 inches.
- Spread12-18 inches.
- Spacing18 - 24 inches.
- Zones8 - 11 perennial, grow as an annual or as a houseplant in northern zones.
- FoliageOval-shaped, tiny green leaves.
- Flower FormSmall white flowers.
- BloomsFall for about two months.
- Germination10-15 days.
- Soil RequirementsTolerant to a wide variety of well-drained soils.
- Growth RateMedium growth rate.
- Seed CountApproximately 25 seeds per packet.
- PruningFor best foliar harvest, keep stevia cut back to prevent flowering.
- Comments300 times sweeter than sugar. Treat as a houseplant in Winter. However, it can be set outside during the Summer months. Harvest at end of season. Leaves are sweetest when mature and temperatures are around 60 degrees F. Sweetener is best extracted by soaking dried leaves in boiling water, squeezing them dry and removing them. Liquid can be stored in refrigerator and used as needed. Dried leaves are approximately 10 times as sweet as an equivalent weight of sugar (1/2 gram of dried leaves equals 5 grams of sugar).
- Botanical NameStevia Rebaudiana 'Candy'
- DepthPlant at same depth as the pot it arrives in. Sow seeds 1/4 inch deep.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.