Stormy Weather™ Climbing Rose
- SKU: 72971
- For each offer ordered, get no. 1 to 1 1/2 grade bareroot
- Zones: 4 - 9
- Height: 8-10 feet.
- Light Required: Full sun to partial shade. Full sun is best for quicker flowering and higher quality plants.
- Plants are not available in AZ CA CO ID MT ND NM NV OR SD WA WY
Stormy Weather™ Climbing Rose
- Unit of Measureno. 1 to 1 1/2 grade bareroot
- FormUpright, climbing
- LightFull sun to partial shade. Full sun is best for quicker flowering and higher quality plants.
- Height8-10 feet.
- Spread3 feet.
- Spacing12 feet.
- Zones4 - 9
- FoliageGlossy dark green foliage.
- Flower FormDistinctive colored flowers with a spicy scent.
- Colorsmoky purple-blue highlighted by a touch of cloud white and sunny gold peeking out of the center. Flowers assume bluer shade in cooler weather.
- BloomsLate spring to fall.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained enriched soil.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- CommentsClusters of deep smoky purple, double flowers are touched with cloudy white. Blooming from late spring to fall, this climbing rose provides a nice contrast to orange, yellow and white flowers. Grows 10-12 ft. tall with a 4-6 ft. spread. Full sun to partial shade. Fantastic color-an uncommon smoky purple-blue highlighted by a touch of cloud white and sunny gold peeking out of the center! Though it is a moderate 8-10' climber, its flowers are large and numerous, and they repeat bloom so you can enjoy their beauty and spicy scent over a long period. Flowers assume even bluer hues in cooler weather. Very easy to grow in ordinary to rich garden soil; keep it watered and fed for best bloom.
- Botanical Name(Rosa 'ORAfantanov' (PP# 23158 )
- HeaderDistinctive colored flowers.
- DepthPlant at the same level as the soil so the crown of the plant is even with the soil level. Do not bury the crown.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule for Plants|
|Zones||Tomatoes & Peppers||Potatoes||Sweet Potatoes||Onion Plants|
|1A-4A||5/14 - 6/1||3/26 - 6/15||5/21 - 6/8||4/2 - 5/11|
|4B||5/14 - 6/1||3/26 - 6/15||5/21 - 6/8||4/2 - 5/11|
|5A||5/14 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||5/14 - 6/8||3/26 - 5/11|
|5B||5/14 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||3/26 - 5/11|
|6A||4/23 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 5/11|
|6B||4/23 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||2/26 - 5/11|
|7A||4/23 - 6/1||2/26 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||2/19 - 5/11|
|7B||4/2 - 6/1||2/26 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/11|
|8A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/19 - 6/15||4/23 - 6/8||1/29 - 5/11|
|9A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/15||4/23 - 6/8||1/2 - 5/11|
|10A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/15||4/16 - 6/8||1/2 - 5/11|
|Last Order Date||5/28||6/11||6/4||5/7|
|Zones||Bareroot Roses||Large Bareroots, Trees & Shrubs||Tender Annuals||All other Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||4/16 - 6/1||4/2 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/22|
|4B||4/16 - 6/1||4/2 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/22|
|5A||4/1 - 6/1||3/19 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/2 - 6/22|
|5B||3/19 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||3/30 - 6/8||3/19 - 6/22|
|6A||3/5 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 6/22|
|6B||3/5 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 6/22|
|7A||2/26 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/22||4/2 - 6/8||2/26 - 6/22|
|7B||2/26 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/22||4/2 - 6/8||2/26 - 6/22|
|8A & B||2/19 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/20 - 5/25|
|9A & B||1/22 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/25|
|10A & B||1/22 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/25|
|Last Order Date||5/28||1A-7B: 6/18||6/4||1A-7B: 6/18|
|8A-10B: 5/21||8A-10B: 5/21|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.