- SKU: 75347
- For each offer ordered, get 10 bareroot plants
- Zones: 4 - 8
- Height: 8-10 inches
- Light Required: Full Sun
Send me an email when this item is available
- Unit of Measure10 bareroot plants
- LightFull Sun
- Height8-10 inches
- Spread8-12 inches
- Spacing12-24 inches
- Zones4 - 8
- FoliageGreen foliage
- Flower FormSmall white flowers.
- FruitVery large, fragrant, red berries with intense flavor.
- Soil RequirementsMoist well-drained, slightly acidic, sandy loam soil.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- PollinatorSelf pollinating.
- CommentsThis very large, gorgeous strawberry is not only impressive for its size, it also has wonderfully intense flavor and a nice, fresh fragrance. Its sweet perfume adds to the taste experience. It is sure to be a hit at local markets. Berries are so large, some as big as a small peach. Developed at Cornell University by Courtney Weber, Archer was bred to be cold hardy. Ripens early and berries maintain their large size through several harvests during the season. Enjoy a large harvest from this tough, productive strawberry, that also shows great disease resistance. Firm berries freeze well.
- Botanical NameFragaria ananassa 'Archer'
- DepthSet crowns just below soil level.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule for Plants|
|Zones||Tomatoes & Peppers||Potatoes||Sweet Potatoes||Onion Plants|
|1A-4A||5/14 - 6/1||3/26 - 6/8||5/21 - 6/8||4/2 - 5/11|
|4B||5/14 - 6/1||3/26 - 6/8||5/21 - 6/8||4/2 - 5/11|
|5A||5/14 - 6/1||5/5 - 6/8||5/14 - 6/8||3/26 - 5/11|
|5B||5/14 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/8||3/26 - 5/11|
|6A||4/23 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 5/11|
|6B||4/23 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/8||2/26 - 5/11|
|7A||4/23 - 6/1||2/26 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/8||2/19 - 5/11|
|7B||4/2 - 6/1||2/26 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/11|
|8A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/19 - 6/8||4/23 - 6/8||1/29 - 5/11|
|9A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/8||4/23 - 6/8||1/2 - 5/11|
|10A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/8||4/16 - 6/8||1/2 - 5/11|
|Last Order Date||5/28||6/4||6/4||5/11|
|Zones||Bareroot Roses||Large Bareroots, Trees & Shrubs||Tender Annuals||All other Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||4/16 - 6/1||4/2 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/22|
|4B||4/16 - 6/1||4/2 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/22|
|5A||4/1 - 6/1||3/19 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/2 - 6/22|
|5B||3/19 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||3/19 - 6/22|
|6A||3/5 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 6/22|
|6B||3/5 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 6/22|
|7A||2/26 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/22||4/2 - 6/8||2/26 - 6/22|
|7B||2/26 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/22||4/2 - 6/8||2/26 - 6/22|
|8A & B||2/19 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/20 - 5/25|
|9A & B||1/22 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/25|
|10A & B||1/22 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/25|
|Last Order Date||5/28||1A-7B: 6/18||6/4||1A-7B: 6/18|
|8A-10B: 5/21||8A-10B: 5/21|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.