Sugar Baby Watermelon
- SKU: 15167
- For each offer ordered, get 1 pack of 30 seeds
Sugar Baby Watermelon
- FormVine, annual.
- LightFull sun.
- Height8 - 10 inches.
- Spacing3 - 5 feet between plants, 5 - 8 feet between rows.
- Zones3 - 9 annual.
- FoliageGreen foliage.
- Flower FormSmall yellow flowers.
- FruitThin, hard, tough rind with distinct stripes when immature, becoming almost black when ripe.
- Germination5 - 8 days.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, light, fertile, sandy loam soil.
- Growth RateMedium growth rate.
- Seed CountApproximately 30 seeds per packet, 1/2 oz. is approximately 150 seeds.
- CommentsFirm, sweet red-orange flesh. Small dark-brown apple like seeds. Early producer of small melons. Ideal size for storing in refrigerator. Drought resistant. Heavy producer.
- YieldApproximately 40 fruits per 100 foot row.
- Botanical NameCitrullus lanatus 'All Sweet'
- Depth1 - 1 1/2 inches.
- Days To Maturity85 days.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|1A-4A||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|4B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|5A||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|5B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|6A||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|6B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|7A||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|7B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|8A & B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|9A & B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|10A & B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|Last Order Date||6/14/2019|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.